Here you have the beginning of a basically unstructured reading list of articles and books that dig from a wide variety of angles into the complex but oh so important issues that underlie the concept of an equity-based transport systems and policy. In time we will organize this with greater rigor and more detail (but not too much, time is so important), but here you have it today as a useful first reference point, in addition to those you have yourself.
. . . shall have a new birth of freedom — and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
- 1.4285714285714285714285714285714 e-10
- Clues: From Finland, an Intriguing School-Reform Model
- Divided we Stand: Why Inequality Keeps Rising
- Do you know your ecological footprint?
- Energy and Equity, Ivan Illich.
- Equity of Evolving Transportation Finance Mechanisms
- Evaluating Transportation Equity
- Gender Equality and Development: World Development Report
- Gender Equity related to Accces to Rural Transport (Map)
- Krugman on Keynes: No time to duck
- Mobility: Rights, Obligations and Equity in an Ageing Society
- More on Illich, energy and equity
- New Economics Foundation
- Promoting Equitable, Sustainable Transportation :: The Rockefeller Foundation
- Social Equity and Social Impacts of Transport
- Sustainability and Equity: A Better Future for All?
- Taming street-people: India’s grand civilizational project
- Test site: For comment, collaboration Skip to content Home About Tools Links & Sources Translate
- The One Percent
- The Transportation Majority. (And why can’t our politicians count?)
- To fix Sustainable Transport: Ensure Full Gender Parity in all Decision and Investment Fora (QED)
- Transport & Social Equity
- Transport Refugees – Victims of Unjust Transport Policies
- Transportation Inequity in the United States
- Transportation Policy for Poverty Reduction and Social Equity
- Urban transport, environment, and equity: the case for developing countries
- World Streets
* More to follow.
# # #